Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Corzine wins in landslide

In the end, it wasn't even close. Corzine won handily over Dougie Forrester. I am sure that in the coming weeks stories will surface about Corzine bussing in the homeless from Philly and NYC, like he did to win his senate race a few years back, but it appears that he did not need it this time. He won big time.

Having lost two statewide races, I pray that the NJ GOP experiment with Forrester is over. I know he was a successful businessman, but the guy struck me as a dolt. I don't know of any NJ Republican superstars on the horizon. The Republican Party in New Jersey is almost non-existent at this point, when as recently as ten years ago they controlled both houses of the legislature and the governor's mansion. There are several reasons for this, but I think the main reason is that when Christie Whitman swept into the governor's mansion after the Florio debacle, there were expectations that things would be different. The Republicans, however, just acted like it was their turn at the trough and made pigs of themselves. With Republicans like that, you might as well elect Democrats.

I wish Jon Corzine luck. I hope he turns out to be a great governor, but somehow, I'm just not getting that vibe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home